The warm weather is finally around the corner. Here are a few ways to keep your family safe while cooking out this year.
- All grills should only be used outdoors.
- Keep grills away from the house, deck railings, and away from eaves and overhanging objects.
- Children and pets should be kept a minimum of 3 feet away from the grilling area.
- Avoid grease fires!! Clean all grease and fat from the components of the grill, including the trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
- Keep any charcoal fluids away from children.
- Once a fire is lit, do not add any more flammable products to the fire.
- When you are finished grilling, let coals completely cool before disposing of.
- Always be sure to check the tank hose for leaks if using propane.
- Any problems with your grill should be serviced by a professional before continued use.
Source: National Fire Protection Association