The Bristol Kendall Fire Protection District is currently accepting applications for the position of Part Time Firefighter/EMT-B. The fire district staffs 16 firefighters daily 24 hours a day, 7 days a week which is made up of both full time and part time employees. We operate on a Black/Red/Gold shift rotation. Part Time firefighters sign up to work either 12 or 24 hour shifts depending on their availability and have the availability to work a 24 hour, 6 day rotation shift.
If you are interested in employment as a part-time firefighter with our fire district, please fill an application and return it with the documentation listed below. Preference will be given to those applicants with Illinois State EMT-P licenses who currently are in the Southern Fox Valley EMS System as well as certified IL OSFM FAE.
Applications can be obtained at BKFPD Station 1 103 Beaver Street, Yorkville, IL or downloaded from http://bkfire.org/documents under the employment applications (part-time) section. Questions and completed applications can be directed to Assistant Chief Timothy Fairfield at 630-553-6186 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICANTS FOR PART TIME POSITIONS MUST PROVIDE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid non-CDL class B Driver’s License (or equivalent) issued by the state in which the applicant resides
- Fire Fighter 2 or Basic Operations Firefighter
- Hazardous Materials First Responder or Operations
- Technical Rescue Awareness
- Fire Service Vehicle Operator or Provisional
- Current, valid license from the Illinois Department of Public Health as an EMT-Basic (EMT-Paramedic preferred).
- Current, valid CPR Card